Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Words and Objects Video Project

I wanted to illustrate that even when you're writing quickly, in class, with no preparation, you might find that what you come up with has a shining sentence or two or three. I chose the sentences from each in class free-write that had the most potential for opening lines or for an intriguing beginning as well as sentences that included emotional resonance.

Process:

1. First, I took photos of each piece of paper and then emailed them to myself.
2. Next, I downloaded the pictures and saved them to a folder on my computer.
3. Then, I opened Windows Movie Maker and pulled in the photos in no particular order.
4. I then choose an animation style that would make the photos look more interesting and applied that style to all.
5. Next, I searched through the transition styles to see what I liked best and also applied to all of the photos.
6. I selected the caption option and found a sentence that worked to include with each picture.
7. It took a while to then adjust the length of the caption to fit the timing.
8. I watched the video a few times to correct spelling mistakes and check for timing.
9. Next, I added a beginning title and end credits.
10.  I saved the project and then published it.
11.  Finally, I uploaded the project to YouTube and published it.

Duration of project time from beginning to end: About 3 hours.

Challenges: I had trouble placing the text properly because the words behind some of the photos got in the way. If I were going to do this again, I would zoom in on the pictures themselves, and email them to myself as a bigger file. That would have made it easier to have the words going over just the images instead of fighting with the text on the page. I also still have not figured out the easiest way to match the caption time and photos so that they flow properly.

Ideas: Music or voice-over narration would have enhanced the quality of the video, though I still like the idea of text over photos for dramatic purposes.


No comments:

Post a Comment